What is Up Dreamers!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far filled with fun in the sun, barbecues, and a much needed tan. I wanted to explore some products with you all today and introduce to you the Playa Voxbox. Voxboxes are your best friend when your’e looking to review products. Influenster, my absolute favorite product review company, allows you to do just that. Now, if you just came across this post and know nothing about what I am talking about you can check out my first post about Influenster and what to expect from joining up with them here. So with that being said, let’s dive in to this awesome voxbox.
Vamo A La Playa
First off I would like to thank everyone who comes across my blog and becomes inspired to join up with Influenster and everyone who follows me on this adventure with the company. So let’s get right into this campaign, I will be honest about my experiences with each product and my first impression of the voxbox as well. I will also link the product’s websites on where to buy them and how much each product goes for in the bottom of this post so everyone can have an idea.
Before I get into my first impression I want to point out that every voxbox you receive is unique in every way and there’s always products to try and review. I feel this voxbox for my first impression was not what I expected. I mean I was hoping there would be a tanning lotion or something that defines “beachy”. Although the products in the actual voxbox did fit the theme, I personally was expecting a little more out of the theme to kick off summer. However, I still loved the products that were in the voxbox, I think separately they’re really good products.
- So the first product that I would have to say is my utmost favorite out of the whole voxbox would be the Eva Hair: Purse Perfect Hair Towelettes. I love this product, it’s perfect for summer and it’s very accessible. The best part is they’re travel sized, so they fit in everywhere; in your purse, in your pocket, or even in your shoe if you like to do that sort of thing.
- So my first impression of this product would be skeptical because I was not expecting it to do much, its a simple towelette so I didn’t really have high expectations. Boy was I in for a treat! This product is so worth my time and money. I literally got out the shower and my hair was frizzing from the second I hit the door out. I was in dire need of a solution and I remember Influenster provided me with these towelettes and I decided to try it at that time. O.M.G to this product! It not only took away majority of the frizz, but it made my hair smell so luscious, and it worked it a matter of seconds for me.
- It’s infused with argan oil, omegas 3,6,7, and 9, so the product had oil for days. I literally was applying it to my hair for about 5 mins to ensure the best application and it still had a lot of oil left over. I was really impressed, I was like “Where has this product been all my life.” because it was that good in my opinion, at least for my hair.
- Influenster also provides a coupon for $2.00 off any Eva-NYC product at your local Ulta or CVS,so that’s a plus.
- The second product in the voxbox is the Suave Essentials: Tropical Coconut Lotion. I already knew about the quality of the Suave lotions and products so my first impression of this product was I need to smell this now! I really enjoy lotions that apply well to the skin and most importantly have a good long lasting scent. This product would be my second favorite because it smells amazing and it made my skin really smooth. I love the fact that Influenster gives you full sized products because products like lotions can go fast and I really would have to savor it, but this is a good size to hold you down for about two months.
- One thing that I don’t like about the product is that it’s a little bit watery and most of the lotions I wear are very thick, so it was a little alarming to me at first. Although, once I rubbed the lotion into my skin it became one with my skin, and then I realized it wasn’t a big deal to me.
- The third product in the bunch was the Colgate: Optic White Radiant Toothpaste. Now, there’s a few things I want to point out about this toothpaste before I get into my thoughts about it. It’s an amazing toothpaste and it does give you that pearly white smile. It’s a really hardworking toothpaste and the best thing about it is its travel sized so if you’re out on a bus or train ride for 15 hours, this product would save you from that bad breath humiliation. The toothpaste is easy to use, and if you’re one of the influencers that received the Tide Pods Voxbox, you would also know this toothpaste “Optic White” has an awesome battery operated toothbrush.
- So the reason I wrote the good things about the product at first is because my experience with this particular toothpaste is not a fabulous one. I have sensitive teeth and I didn’t always have the sensitivity, so the first Optic White toothpaste I tried wasn’t that bad. Although when I tried it this time around I noticed it’s too hardcore for my teeth and it’s just a weird feeling.
- As soon as I apply the toothpaste it starts to have this warming effect to my teeth and it feels like my teeth are being baked. I wish I had a better expression to give you, but that’s just how I explained it. I love that it made my teeth brighter but it just kind of hurt my teeth so I will not be using this product on a daily. It just didn’t work for me, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it for yourselves.
- The next product will spice things up for all my fire breathers out there, it’s the Frank’s RedHot: Original Pepper Sauce or Hot sauce. This product will blow the roof off on a summer day. I personally cannot eat spicy foods or hot sauce, (I know Bummer!) but my family absolutely loves ALL RED EVERYTHING, meaning they have a crave for the hotter stuff in life.
- I had my family use it for barbecues and whenever my father watches his basketball games. My father makes the best wings for his games, of course my wings never have spice except for the amazing Latin seasoning. So for his wings I told him to use the RedHot sauce and he did, he loves his hot sauce and same goes for my siblings. Their thoughts of the product was fairly good, they loved that it had the right amount of kick to it and how yummy it made the food taste. Good thing they were here to review this product because I will not burn my tongue for it, so shout out to them and kudos.
- To cool things off next in line would be the complimentary Daisy Squeeze Sour Cream. Sour cream is the go to product in my house for anything; chips and dip, potato skins with cheese, fajitas, etc. Influenster couldn’t provide it in the box because of course it can go seriously bad, and so they gave it as a coupon so you can pick it up at any supermarket you shop at. This product is a winner in my book, it’s very easy to use and you can use sour cream with a variety of dishes. My family makes really good dishes with sour cream and I want to kind of share a recipe with you in case you’re a sour cream fanatic like me.
- So the recipe I want to talk about is Scalloped Potatoes and Cheese Dish. It consists of seasoned potatoes and cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives if you like.
- First, after you thoroughly clean the potatoes, you’re going to cut the potatoes in slices.
- Then you’re going to layer them in an aluminum pan or casserole pan of choice.
- Then you’re going to season the sliced potatoes and even out each coating. I do about two coatings depending on how much there is and I apply seasoning on both sides. I season with Sazon, Adobo, a little bit of salt, and a little bit of garlic powder, but you can chose whatever seasonings you like. I also butter up the pan or spray PAM or it to keep it from sticking to the pan and making it easier to serve.
- After you’ve seasoned your potatoes turn up the heat on your oven up to 375 degrees. Cover the potatoes with aluminum foil or a pan cover, and place it in the over for about 30-45 mins. It depends on how thick t the slices are.
- Take our the potatoes to check on them and uncover them, check to see if the potatoes are soft. You don’t want the potatoes to be too soft though because you’re then going to put the pan back in oven to toast them up for another 25 mins. Apply a couple layers of cheese this time around, don’t let the cheese burn though.
- You then take them out and let them cool for about 5 mins and then apply more cheese to melt on top. Then start serving the cheesy goodness on a plate.
- Start putting on your daisy squeeze sour cream or if your prefer the jars. Then sprinkle some bacon bits or cook up some bacon and then cut the bacon up in pieces. After that if preferred sprinkle some cut up chives on top of that, and then add some more cheese and ENJOY.
- This is basically a deconstructed baked potato recipe but it taste so good, an its really filling.
That’s a Wrap!
I hope everyone gained some inspiration from this post. I will be posting up more voxboxes and sharing the details with you. I look forward to seeing anyone review their voxboxes and how each product works or doesn’t work for them.
~I received these products for testing purposes complimentary from Inluenster, but my opinions are my very own.~
Before I let you go , I promised to let you know where you can pick up these wicked items and how much you would be spending.
- Eva-NYC Purse Perfect Hair Towelettes- You can get these at Ulta or CVS for a box count of 10 towelettes for a $14.99 price value.
- Suave Tropical Coconut Lotion- You can buy these pretty much at any Walgreens for the price value range from $3.00- $4.00.
- Colgate Optic White Radiant Toothpaste- You can get this product at Target for the price value of $6.99 for the 3oz tube.
- Frank’s RedHot Original Pepper Sauce- You can buy this product any local Walmart for the price value of $3.49 or at a local supermarket.
- Daisy Squeeze Sour Cream- You can get this product at any local Walmart or supermarket for the price value of $2.79.
~Alright my dreamers, it’s been fun and I hope you enjoyed this post and keep coming back for more. Enjoy your day and night everyone and I will be posting as much as possible so stay tuned.
~”Breathe in the energy you exhale to the world.
Walk on clouds as if you’re forever dreaming.”~